Saturday, March 19, 2016

I'd laugh if it didn't hurt so much

Dear friends, gather round and I shall share such tales with you. Tales that will make your toes curl, your hair stand on end and the milk curdle in your tea. You may weep and you may laugh.

Our weary traveller set off on a journey of discovery. She wished to know the meaning of the hideous neck pain that plagued her life. She visited the woman with healing hands and placed her faith in her. The healer did all she could and yet it was not enough. Pain plagued the traveller. The traveller prostrated herself before a doctor of high standing.

The doctor praised the travellers stoicism and prescribed some magical beans. She told the traveller tales of a man with magical hands. The man with the magic hands worked in a darkened room, he spread his unguents upon the traveller before bending and twisting her into shapes unknown to her body.
The traveller felt good. The traveller returned to the man with magic hands and was given instructions to wield a magic stick every morning and night... but something was wrong. something was brewing.

The traveller was unwell. The traveller felt a growing discomfort. The traveller hurt. The traveller  pressed on. The traveller was in agony. The magic beans had turned against her. The magic beans were fighting to get out of her body. The traveller was bereft and tried to visit the doctor of high standing. The doctor of high standing could not see her so spoke to her over the waves.
"I will give you new magic beans," said the doctor. You will feel well"
The weary traveller was losing faith, but she took the new magic beans and slept.

In the morning, the weary traveller's neck hurt like hell.

Gratuitous dolly clothes photo.

24 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I am feeling very sorry for the poor traveller - I mean you! - right now. Amazingly bad that medics can't figure it out. Now crossing my fingers for your miraculous recovery, Jode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One feels one needs to continue ones travels in search of more magic-er beans.
    One wishes upon you hastened healing ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch, hope things magically improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this story have a happy ending? I'm in suspenders here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate it when the magic beans don't work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely hoping for a happy ending to this one, Jod. Much love and VERY STRONG BEANS in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not good, obviously! Such pain is so debilitating.😒

    ReplyDelete
  8. as someone with chronic neck issues, I feel your pain. Hope something works soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is not a good story and I hope the weary traveller gets her neck sorted out soon. I have a man who treats my neck with Alexander Technique and he truly does have magic hands. Get well dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no answers because my neck gives me grief too and my favorite occupations (reading, sewing and looking at computer) all tend to aggravate my condition if I do them for any lenght of time. But I can say that some physio's are better than others!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bugger. Alas poor weary traveller.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't like hearing this at all, I do have neck issues and it has been a very long time since I have had to deal with your pain. Bowen is my saviour. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh please!
    get better soon so you may travel painfree once again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. sending you ALL the magic beans x

    ReplyDelete
  15. medicinal pot.....is it legal in Australia? it would give you some temp relief and relax your muscules without vomiting....hugs to you! :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bugger the magic beans. Try mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you get some relief. Been in this spot myself and felt my neck couldn't hold my head up. So Painful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. traveller heal thy self...hang from a rack!
    So what the hell happened to your neck? You see a chiro or a physiotherapist as well as a quack? Hope recovery is soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. s'ok I don't put milk in peppermint tea.

    ouch.

    poor Jod.

    hope the constipation/squits is over at least.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh NO! The traveler must get this fixed before her BIG trip in May! ('Cause if her neck hurts like hell now, imagine how it will feel after being cramped in an airplane for a long time! ;-8 ) Get. Well. Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Definitely no bueno, as we say in SoCalif! Hope the magic hands and magic beans end up chasing the neck bugger away. Ice and traction?

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!